The Wingard's Travels

Gary & Carolyn Gary & Carolyn

The Wingard's Travels

Hi Everyone - We are currently in Buena Vista, VA and finally enjoying warm weather! We left St. Augustine back on 31 Mar stopping in Huntsville, AL. While there Gary had another abddominal pain attack and we went to the ER. Thanks to a great ER Doctor, he was diagnosed with an inflammed gallbladder that needed to come out. We opted to have it done there and on 7 Apr, he underwent an outpatient procedure by a wonderful Christian surgeon. We extended our stay there for his recovery. We left there and arrived in Tallulah Falls, GA on 13 Apr. It was rainy and cold! We did have a great time though and finally had some warm weather. We rode the motorcycles 2 days. On the second day, trying to navigate the many hills, I stalled out and dropped my bike and broke my front foot peg by my brake. Thank God for Gary - he took off the back peg and put it on the front. We left GA on 20 Apr and arrived here in VA, rainy and COLD! We finally had good weather yesterday and rode the motorcycles on the windy, hilly roads and you guessed it, I dropped the bike again and broke the foot peg on the left side - Gary again replaced it with the back peg. We finished the ride and I really enjoyed it except for the hills and switch backs - not used to those. Today we drove to a Honda shop and got some new front foot pegs. I plan on working on my technique on hills and sharp turns. We leave here Monday morning on our way to West Virginia for about a week. We are having a great time, meeting wonderful people and enjoying the beautiful country side. We have been attending local churches on Sunday mornings and that has been quite a blessing for us. Keep us in your prayers. We will keep you updated as we go along. Gary and Carolyn
debl debl

Re: The Wingard's Travels

Thanks for the update!  Your travels sound exciting!   Hoping all your future roads are smooth!

Cindy P Cindy P

Re: The Wingard's Travels

Thanks for the sharing of your travels and all  of God's blessings!!!  Enjoy!!  and BE SAFE!!
Rick Long Rick Long

Re: The Wingard's Travels

Gary & Carolyn,

What fun you must be having seeing the country (part of it on a motorcycle - gotta be careful with those foot pedals).

Nice to hear from you.  Please feel free to use this forum as your own personal travel blog for all of us to see.  While we can't be there with you we like to look in from afar on your activities....and wish we were there.

Safe Travels!  Keep us posted.
Your FTC,
Rick
Rick Long Rick Long

Re: The Wingard's Travels

Hey guys.....  It's been about a month and we've not had any updates?  Hope all is going OK and you are enjoying the tour.

Give us a post and let us know what's happening and where you are.  Pictures would be nice too (for those of us stuck here at home going to work everyday).

Later,
Your FTC,
Rick