Let's Give Something New a Try !

Rick Long Rick Long

Let's Give Something New a Try !

Let's give the open forum discussion board a try on our Life Group web site.

I'm not sure exactly how this will work, but I'm willing to give it a try.  The first time you go to post a comment, or a relpy you will probably be asked to create a profile with Nabble (the service that hosts this discussion board).  I think it will be a user name, password, and your email.  They ask for your email because you can "subscribe" to topics of your choice and you will be notified by email when someone posts a comment.

Good luck to us all.  I think this will be a good addition to our site.
Your FTC,
Rick
debl debl

Re: Let's Give Something New a Try !

Worked for me!  Thanks.
LFedak LFedak

Re: Let's Give Something New a Try !

I think this is a great opportunity for us to learn a little more about each other.  This is my first experience with a message board so I am willing to give it a try.  Thank you for your efforts to bring us up to speed with all the technology at our disposal.  Linda
Cindy P Cindy P

Re: Let's Give Something New a Try !

Rick, others this will be great....however, I have a question,.  do you or others see this as a place to discuss events and communicate the events or is there another place on the website we should do that? If there is another or more effective place, let me know...I want to update our event calendar of blank months and ask for help from others...thks.
Rick Long Rick Long

Re: Let's Give Something New a Try !

Cindy,

This is an open forum where "anything" can be discussed.  You can use it to solicit input from others, and others can post their ideas, thoughts, etc.  If you are planning events, this would be just one more way for you to do that (you always have phone calls, emails, and face-to-face).

I'd suggest you give it a try and see what happens.  Feel free to add a NEW POST about anything you wish to discuss.  As for social events, once the ideas and discussions happen here and a final decision is made, I will then post the info to the Calendar.  I wouldn't expect people to have to find that information here on this discussion board.
Your FTC,
Rick
LFedak LFedak

Re: Let's Give Something New a Try !

Cindy,
I think it would be a great place to bounce around ideas and communicate with one another.  We have to make sure everyone is on board with this though or we might only have 2-3 of us knowing what is going on.  Email still works for most people but those who enjoy the format can use it until everyone else catches on.  Linda
Bee Bee

Re: Let's Give Something New a Try !

I think this is great.  I will be sure to log on more often and stay up to date.  Thanks again Rick
Brenda Johnson Brenda Johnson

Re: Let's Give Something New a Try !

Rick

I have a very short memory.  How do I add a image to my profile?  How do I start a new topic, or can I only reply?  It also tells me that I am not a registered user, but I got an email confirming it.

Thanks
Brenda
debl debl

Re: Let's Give Something New a Try !

This post was updated on .
Not Rick but I'll give this a try.

For an avatar/picture
If you see your user name in the top right corner then you are logged into the website. (You must be logged in to add an avatar or start a new topic.)

Click on your name. It should change screens.
Look for Personal settings and click on it.
Go to add or change an avatar and click.

You should see a screen that has a blank space then the word Browse.

(to add an avatar you'll need at least a 100X100px picture uploaded on your computer)

Click on Browse and find the picture you want from your computer. Click on the picture. You'll see words fill the blank box. Then click on upload image. Click on the blue return to the forums on the top left. When you return to the message board you should see a little box with your image in it.

New Topic
At the bottom of each section you'll see a blue New Topic. Click on it and a new screen will pop up with open areas for you to post.

If you got a confirming email all you may need to do is go to the site and log on.

If you don't have a 100x100 pic, I can resize one from the cruise and send it to you.

Hope this helps.