Ladies Tues Bible Study

debl debl

Ladies Tues Bible Study

This post was updated on .
For those who attended Tues night, we had quite a challenge by Cheryl R to gain more insight into the book of Revelation.

I found these sites to help with our preparation for our next meeting on Thurs, March 12.

This is the book she used for her references, Studies in Revelation by Hampton Keathley III. Bible.org breaks it down into chapters for us and even provides some study notes.

http://www.bible.org/series.php?series_id=43

She also mentioned Kay Arthur.  I found this chart that provides key phrases and reviews of each chapter of Revelation.

http://www.preceptaustin.org/revelation_-_pt_2_-_lecture_11a.htm#Review%2020-22

Cheryl mentioned the present state of Heaven.  I was lucky to find this youtube video that gives us a visual for Rev 4. Just click on the link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfAZXqCAYTM&feature=related

Hope this helps.  :)
Toni M Toni M

Re: Ladies Tues Bible Study

Wow!!  Deb, thanks for searching for these links. I have begun reading in the first two, but the video is outstanding.  After seeing it I could never draw a picture to come close.  I hope everyone gets to see this.  The person that did this video surely is blessed to capture word and pictures, and put them together to bless others.
FTC,

Toni
debl debl

Re: Ladies Tues Bible Study

Let's be ready!   Here is some reading for Rev 7

The Redeemed of the Tribulation(Rev 7:1-17)
By: J. Hampton Keathley, III , Th.M. (Bio)

With chapter 7 the narrative sequence or chronological order is interrupted and we are taken into an interlude. That this is an interlude is obvious from the change in tone seen in a change of the subject matter and in the suspension of judgment. Chapter 6 closes with the sixth seal and the seventh is not opened until chapter 8. This chapter, then, is a parenthesis, but it is one which answers some very important questions. From the very nature of the judgments of the preceding section it would appear no one could possibly be delivered physically, much less saved spiritually. In fact these judgments give rise to the desperate question at the end of chapter 6, “for the great day of their wrath has come, who is able to stand?” Chapter 7 answers this question, and demonstrates that even in the midst of this awesome display of God’s wrath, the mercy of God is still present and seeking to bring men to Himself. Even in the midst of this wrath, God is providing an opportunity for men to be saved (Matt. 24:l4).

So, before the seventh seal and the intensified trumpet judgments of chapter 8, God gives us a panorama of salvation and the evangelistic activity of this period known as Tribulation or Daniel’s Seventieth Week. The fifth seal was a revelation concerning the martyrs who had been killed for their faith in Christ. Since the church has been raptured and the Tribulation begins with only unbelievers, how do people come to faith in Christ? We find the answer to this in the sealing of the 144,000 who are sealed at the beginning of the Tribulation. These are the first converts (Rev. 14:4), and it would appear from the juxtaposition of the sealing of the 144,000 in 7:1-8, followed by the great multitude saved in 7:9-17, the 144,000 become the great evangelists of the Tribulation period. They are supernaturally protected by God in their witness.

The rest of the article:http://www.bible.org/page.php?page_id=1760
debl debl

Re: Ladies Tues Bible Study

Our final session with Cheryl R will be Tues, May 5th.  She will be finishing with Chapters 19-22.

Cheryl has been a wonderful teacher and inspiration to learn more. She has dedicated a great deal of time to our group.  I'd like to present her with a gift to express our appreciation for her time and study with us.

Suggestions?

The men are invited to the May 5th session, too.  I know Rick enjoys the desserts so I will bring something to share.
Toni M Toni M

Re: Ladies Tues Bible Study

Toni,
    We need a head count so we can order books.  Judy Tripi will order them for us.  When were you wanting to start?  I still plan on doing it; I think it is exactly what I need.  Let me know who is coming and when we begin.  Can you ask Judy to order the books?  Order one for me, of course, and maybe a couple of extras!  Thanks.  Linda

--
I received this note from Linda Fedak this AM.  I need some feedback to do what she is asking.  Who will attend?  Do we try to start this next Tues?  Last chance to voice your opinion as to which study we will do.  Please try to get back to me ASAP and contact those that you know don't do e-mail.  Thanks and again, to those I did not see today, HAPPY Mother's Day to all!
FTC,

Toni
debl debl

Re: Ladies Tues Bible Study

Toni, I know you had a list last Tues night but I didn't get a chance to see it.

I'm good for any study the group decides on.
HalleluYAH HalleluYAH

Re: Ladies Tues Bible Study

Hi

I just found your forum while doing a search on another forum.  Anyway, I'd love to add a few comments about Revelation, if I may.  I not, then please just delete this post.

The following verse opens the door to understanding Revelation.

Revelation 1:10
I (John speaking) was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

If you do not understand the above verse, the entire book of  Revelation will not make much sense, because the sequence of order will seem odd.

John is telling us where he was. “I was in the Spirit”, not in his flesh body, “on the Lord’s Day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet”.  He is taken  to the future in the Spirit to the day of the Lord.  This is not referring to a day, such as Sunday.  It’s referring the the same “Day of the Lord” that Paul refers to in I Thessalonians 5:2, “coming as a thief in the night.”  Also, in II Thessalonians 2:2-3, Paul leaves no doubt that at the “Day of the Lord” Christ returns.  This will not happen until “after there will be a great falling away first”  and “that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition”.  In other words, Satan must first be revealed, in his role as the Antichrist (instead of Christ in the Greek), before the 7th trump will sound, which is the last trump.

The day to which John was taken was in the future, because that’s when the Lord’s Day happens.  We are, however, living in the generation that will see it come to pass.  In addition, we will live through that which John saw and experianced, while he was in the Spirit.  There is only one day that is called "The Day of the Lord" in all the Scriptures.

Isaiah 2:12 For the day of the Lord of hosts shall be upon every one that is proud and lofty, and upon every one that is lifted up; and he shall be brought low.

This is the day that Christ returns. This is the day "God's cup of wrath" is poured out upon His enemies. So John was taken in the Spirit to the last day of this earth age, before the start of the age of the Millennium. If you are still in your flesh body, that day hasn't happened yet, and it is still future to us.

Every verse that you read in Revelation from this verse to the end of chapter twenty two, will be viewed from the Lord's day, either looking backwards or forwards a short period of time. If you don't come to that point of time in your understanding with John, the rest of what he is saying just will not make sense.
Visit Shepherd's Chapel online at:
http://www.shepherdschapel.com
debl debl

Re: Ladies Tues Bible Study

Thank you, HalleuYah for the info.  We have studied Revelation, been reviewed on Revelation but realize there is still a lot for us to explore and learn.

Our next study is Daniel.  It coincides very nicely with Revelation so I'm sure any knowledge that we can share will be helpful.

Thanks for posting.

deb
HalleluYAH HalleluYAH

Re: Ladies Tues Bible Study

Thank you, Deb.  All praise, honor, glory, and credit goes to the Father.

I agree that Daniel."coincides very nicely with Revelation".  Here's an overview of Daniel, which I hope you find helpful; however, always make sure what anyone says about the Word aligns with the Word.

Daniel is a controversial book, for many of the higher critics claim it never should have been canonized; however, there is equally strong support for the claim that it holds the key to "end times" Bible prophecy.

I feel Daniel is the most meaningful book concerning the final generation; that generation of the "Parable of the Fig Tree" that started on May 15, 1948, at the birth of the Nation of Israel. (See Mark 13.) This is the final generation.

What does the word "Daniel" mean? Strong's #1841 dictionary reference says, "God is my Judge" or "Judge of God". "Dan" is judge and "El" is Hebrew for "God".

Though most prophets prophesied while out of captivity, all of Daniel's prophecy was given while the Jews and Daniel were in Babylon in captivity. This is a type of what will happen in these end times under the "King of Babylon [confusion]" which we refer to as "Anti Christ" in the Book of Revelation. Daniel sets the course for the way Christians will function, operate, and do our Father's business in this generation.

Because of the importance and high esteem given Daniel by those who seek to know and do God's will, the "higher critics" usually zero in to discredit the book, however, keep in mind, the purpose of the "higher critic" is to cause confusion and make money.

The Book of Daniel is very solid and the only documentation necessary is that given by Ezekiel (see Ezekiel 28.) where Ezekiel is comparing the wisdom and beauty of Satan, who is the "Prince of Tyrus", to that of Daniel (See Daniel 28:3.)

Jesus gave support to Daniel's prophecies in Matthew 24:15 and in Mark 13:14. "When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:" (Matthew 24:15) We know that abomination is Satan claiming to be God, and the desolation is properly translated "desolator", who will be Satan, the Anti Christ.

Our only hope of being wiser than the serpent is to have the mind of Christ in us. That way we can know Him when He appears on Earth as the Christ [Anti Christ].

When Christ quoted [Daniel 9:27], He made the Book of Daniel part of the New Testament; part of the warnings to His elect, that they would not be deceived. Jesus Christ was talking about the seven seals, or things that would happen before the end of this earth age. That time when Jesus would come to set up His Kingdom on Earth for one thousand (1,000) years.

Jesus made Daniel's prophecy part of the seven seals, which are also backed up by others such as Paul in II Thessalonians 2. Daniel's gift was in seeing the future, and recording it for a time far into the future when the people living in that day would read the word, and not be deceived by Anti Christ.

Daniel lived during the same period as Ezra, the prophet. His prophecies were during the reigns of Nebuchadnezzar to Cyrus in the fifth century before the birth of Jesus.

Daniel's prophecies were given for the world rulers, for he and the Jews [the House of Judah] were in captivity. This is exactly as it will be in the end times. The Babylon of old was ruling the world, and the children of God were captive. The new Babylon [which means confusion] will hold and deceive God's people, and lead them right into Satan's [Anti Christ's] camp; except those few who can see past the traditions of men, and deceptions; and have the truth of God's word in their hearts and minds. We call those few "God's Elect".

Just as Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego were delivered up in a physical sense for their stand against the King of Babylon in Daniel's day; so the "elect" of God will be delivered up to make a stand when Anti Christ, the King of Babylon of the end time, rules the world. (See Revelation 2:9-10, Matthew 24:9-10, and Mark 13:9-10.) There will be a ten (10) day tribulation, or testing, and the elect will hold fast.

"Daniel" again means "God is my Judge", or in a different tense, "God will judge".

Note: the above is from my Bible study notes, so I'm sure there are a few typos
Visit Shepherd's Chapel online at:
http://www.shepherdschapel.com
debl debl

Re: Ladies Tues Bible Study

Thanks for sharing.  I am studying Daniel now but apparently I only heard the /d/ sound because our ladies group is studying David!  Age is catching up with me, too quickly.

So I'll do both!
Toni M Toni M

Re: Ladies Tues Bible Study

Hey Deb and Halleluyah, thanks so much for the insight, great stuff!  Deb, you didn't hear wrong, the Daniel one was our pick but someone else got it before us.  We can do that next and if you are studying it now, you'll be way ahead.  Great Lord's Day, hope you have a good Memorial Day.  Halleluyah, stay in touch.
FTC,

Toni