Dale and Jo Lezu

Rick Long Rick Long

Dale and Jo Lezu

Please pray for our Life Group members Dale and Jo Lezu, both who lost their jobs this week. They are strong Christians, but will need our prayers and support during this time of transition in their lives.

“With men it is impossible; but to God all things are possible.”    - Matthew 19:26
Your FTC,
Rick
debl debl

Re: Dale and Jo Lezu

Dale & Jo, Our thoughts and prayers are with you.  This is one of my favorite verses when things seem to go awry.

Jer 29:11 (NIV) "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
DaleL DaleL

Re: Dale and Jo Lezu

Thanks to all for the prayers and kind emails!  We can feel your arms around us daily!  Wherever He leads, We WILL follow.  We are trusting in The Lord and leaning not on our own understanding.
Blessings to each of you,
Jo & Dale
debl wrote
Dale & Jo, Our thoughts and prayers are with you.  This is one of my favorite verses when things seem to go awry.

Jer 29:11 (NIV) "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jo & Dale Lezu
Rick Long Rick Long

Re: Dale and Jo Lezu

See Dale's email below.  Lift him up for a successful interview on Friday.
Rick,

I have been called out of state for an interview this Friday and will not return till Sunday night.  We were signed up for breakfast for the class Sunday.  Could you contact whoever is in charge and send our apologies please?

Blessings,

Dale & Jo

G. Dale Lezu
1032 West Terranova Way
St. Augustine, FL  32092
(904) 429-7813
gdlezu@comcast.net
Your FTC,
Rick
debl debl

Re: Dale and Jo Lezu

We can step in for them.  Although Toni will be a hard act to follow. Her breakfast was phenomenal!
Cindy P Cindy P

Re: Dale and Jo Lezu

Dale, we are praying for a successful interview and job offer...although we selfishly, hope you get to continue to live in St. Augustine.  Dale/Jo, Keep the faith and know God loves you and we do too!!!!  Let us know how things go...Cindy P
DaleL DaleL

Re: Dale and Jo Lezu

Dear Brothers & Sisters,
We cannot exprsee in words our deepest feelings for all the wonderful prayers and emails!  You all have become, in such a short time, very near and dear to our lives!  We Press on!
With much love and respect,
Jo & Dale

We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed….
2 Corinthians 4:8-9KJV

Jo & Dale Lezu
Rick Long Rick Long

Re: Dale and Jo Lezu

Email I received from Dale today is shown below:
To those of you who are praying for us, we thank you and praise you for Our Father in Heaven hears every word you’re sending up right now!

Jo & Dale

Week of February 6

When You Speak, God Hears
by Max Lucado

Those who pray keep alive the watch fires of faith. For the most part we don't even know their names. Such is the case of someone who prayed on a day long ago. His name is not important. He is important not because of who he was, but because of what he did.

He went to Jesus on behalf of a friend. His friend was sick, and Jesus could help, and someone needed to go to Jesus, so someone went. Others cared for the sick man in other ways. Some brought food; others provided treatment; still others comforted the family. Each role was crucial. Each person was helpful, but no one was more vital than the one who went to Jesus.

John writes: "So Mary and Martha sent someone to tell Jesus, 'Lord, the one you love is sick'" (John 11:3, emphasis mine).

Someone carried the request. Someone walked the trail. Someone went to Jesus on behalf of Lazarus. And because someone went, Jesus responded.

In the economy of heaven, the prayers of saints are a valued commodity. John the apostle would agree. He wrote the story of Lazarus and was careful to show the sequence: The healing began when the request was made.

The phrase the friend of Lazarus used is worth noting. When he told Jesus of the illness, he said, "The one you love is sick." The power of the prayer, in other words, does not depend on the one who makes the prayer but on the one who hears the prayer.

We can and must repeat the phrase in manifold ways. "The one you love is tired, sad, hungry, lonely, fearful, depressed." The words of the prayer vary, but the response never changes. The Savior hears the prayer. He silences heaven so he won't miss a word. The Master heard the request. Jesus stopped whatever he was doing and took note of the man's words. This anonymous courier was heard by God.

John's message is critical. You can talk to God because God listens. Your voice matters in heaven. He takes you very seriously. When you enter his presence, the attendants turn to you to hear your voice. No need to fear that you will be ignored. Even if you stammer or stumble, even if what you have to say impresses no one, it impresses God--and he listens.

Intently. Carefully. The prayers are honored as precious jewels. Purified and empowered, the words rise in a delightful fragrance to our Lord. "The smoke from the incense went up from the angel's hand to God" (Rev. 8:4). Incredible. Your words do not stop until they reach the very throne of God.

One call and heaven's fleet appears. Your prayer on earth activates God's power in heaven.

You are the someone of God's kingdom. Your prayers move God to change the world. You may not understand the mystery of prayer. You don't need to. But this much is clear: Actions in heaven begin when someone prays on earth. What an amazing thought!

When you speak, Jesus hears.

And when Jesus hears, the world is changed.

All because someone prayed.

Your FTC,
Rick
Rick Long Rick Long

Re: Dale and Jo Lezu

To All:

See Dale's email below.  He'll be away from us for a couple of months.  Hopefully we will be able to support Jo in her efforts as she works to sell the house.

Rick,

The Lord remains in Control as always!  Numerous interviews thus far have yielded the catchphrase for the day ”…you are the perfect candidate we’re looking for but due to the economy…..”  That being case, I have felt led to utilize an opportunity for a temporary job back in my hometown in West Virginia working alongside my brother.  I intend to leave this week and be gone for a couple of months just trying to keep my family fed (as Jed Clampett used to say).  Jo will remain here in Florida to try and sell the house.  Your prayers of protection for Jo while I’m away would be most appreciated.  I hope to see you all in the near future.

Blessings,

Dale

Your FTC,
Rick